Questions 1 to 10 below are Sentence Equivalence Questions.Select the two answer choices that, when used to complete the sentence, fit the meaning of the sentence as a whole and produce completed sentences that are alike in meaning.
1. Although it does contain some pioneering ideas, one would hardly characterize the work as __________.
2. The corporation expects only _______ increases in sales next year despite a yearlong effort to revive its retailing business.
3. Owing to her innate _________ and infectious optimism, Cassie succeeded not just in transcending her own physical disability but also in helping many others to overcome similar life challenges.
4. Dr. Kumar _________ her extensive knowledge of Africa through hundreds of conversations with its inhabitants over nearly a decade of extensive travel throughout the continent.
5. Although habits do not change overnight, most people can be __________ to gradually abandon even their most ingrained behavioral and thought patterns.
6. The fact that this nation has for the first time not been invited to participate in the annual economic summit is a _________ that may very well alienate us politically from the international community for years to come.
7. The library's architect thought it _________ that the local Indian community generally understood the building's architectural style to be Moroccan, while most local Moroccans referred to it as Indian.
8. The _________ of record albums that Paul has amassed over the years includes titles from nearly every genre of twentieth-century music.
9. Through aggressive online advertising a nearby franchise store has been drawing customers away from the local diner, whose proprietor has done virtually nothing to _________ his increasingly dire situation.
10. Since the mayor previously had expressed few qualms about the proposed zoning ordinance, the other city-council members were understandably taken aback by her sudden, _________ objections.
All CopyRight Reserved (2004-2017), Pass GRE: Go to Graduate School