1. A rectangular airport runway is x feet long and y feet wide. If its length is to be made 100 feet longer, by how many square feet will its area be increased?
xy + 100y
xy + 100
2. The probability of A’s winning a hockey match is 3/2 times the probability of B’s winning a cricket match. The probability of C’s winning a race is twice the probability of B’s winning the cricket match. What is the maximum probability of A’s winning the hockey match?
3. In a certain city, the number of commuters decreased 15 per cent from June to July and decreased 10 per cent from July to August. By approximately what per cent would the number of commuters have to increase from August to September for the number of commuters in September to be equal to the number of commuters in June?
4. If the distance required for an automobile to stop varies directly as the square of its speed, what is the distance required for an automobile driven at 60 km/hr to stop if it takes 10 meters to stop the automobile moving at 20 km/hr.
5. Technological advances in manufacturing radios reduced the manufacturing cost of parts by 50 per cent and the cost of labour by 60 per cent. If labour originally accounted for 3 times as much of the manufacturing cost as parts and it is assumed that total cost consisted only of labour and parts, what was the per cent decrease in the total cost, resulting from these advances?
6. Of the following, which is the closest to 1?
1 + 0.04
(1 – 0.04)/2
1 + 0.042
7. Of the following, which is the greatest amount of money that a person can borrow at an annual interest rate of 6.5 per cent if the loan and interest are to be paid off at the end of one year with the money from a check of Rs. 1,600?
8. An 8 gram object is attached to a balance beam at a point 22 cm. from the centre of the beam. If the beam is to remain horizontally balanced how many grams must be attached to the other end of the beam 10 cms away from the centre?
9. X can clean the garage in half the time it takes B. If they cleaned it together in 3 hours, how many hours would it take form X to clean the garage all by himself?
10. An office has two copying machines Machine X can reduce the size of a page and produces copies, in either the reduced or original size, at the rate of 1 page per second. Machine Y cannot reduce pages and produces copies at the rate of 1 page every 2 seconds. What is the least amount of time required for the two machines together to make 60 copies of a 120 page document if exactly half of the pages of each copy of the report must be reduced?
1 hour 20 minutes
1 and 1/4 hour
All CopyRight Reserved (2004-2017), Pass GRE: Go to Graduate School