1. One pen costs $0.25 and one marker costs $0.35. At those prices, what is the total cost of 18 pens and 100 markers?
2. Rectangle R has length 30 and width 10, and square S has length 5. The perimeter of S is what fraction of the perimeter of R?
3. RESULTS OF A USED-CAR AUCTION
Number of cars offered
Number of cars sold
Projected sales total for cars offered (in thousands)
Actual sales total (in thousands)
For the large cars sold at an auction that is summarized in the table above, what was the average sale price per car?
4. A merchant made a profit of $5 on the sale of a sweater that cost the merchant $15. What is the profit expressed as a percent of the merchant's cost?
Give your answer to the nearest whole percent.
5. Working alone at its constant rate, machine A produces k liters of a chemical in 10 minutes. Working alone at its constant rate, machine B produces k liters of the chemical in 15 minutes. How many minutes does it take machines A and B, working simultaneously at their respective constant rates, to produce k liters of the chemical?
6. To Ell a larger concert hall, a madrigal singing group consisting of sopranos, altos, and basses, in a 5:7:3 ratio, needs 40 singers. What is the least number of basses the group will need?
7. On a number line point a has coordinate -4 and point B has coordinate 6. What is the coordinate of point C which is midway between A and B ?
8. 60 per cent of what number is equal to 45 per cent of 80?
9. If the sum of 7 consecutive numbers is 0, what is the greatest of these numbers?
10. How many cubes with volume 8 cubic units can be cut from a cube with a surface area of 96 square units?
All CopyRight Reserved (2004-2017), Pass GRE: Go to Graduate School