1. If 13 + x3 + 83 = 93, then x = ?
2. At a certain firm 81 per cent of the investments will mature in more than 1 year and 27 per cent of the investments will mature in more than 2 years. What per cent of the investments of the firm will mature in more than 1 year but nor in not more than 2 years?
3. If x is the greatest four- digit number such that the sum of the digits is 23 and no two digit are the same, which of the following is NOT a digit of x?
4. On a 200 question test the total score is the number of questions correctly minus 1/5th of the total number of questions answered incorrectly or left unanswered. What is the minimum number of questions that must be answered correctly to receive a total score of at least 100?
5. The averages speed of an automobile for the first half of a 100 km. trip was 60 km/hr and from the second half was 90 km/hr. What was the average speed in km/hr for the entire distance?
6. On a certain day, an employee worked from 8:02 a.m. until 4:27 p.m. and took off ¾ hour for lunch. If the employee did not take any other breaks, how many hours did the employee work for?
7. In stack A, invoices are assigned consecutive numbers, beginning with 1. In stack B, invoices are assigned consecutive odd numbers, beginning with 1. In stack C, invoices are assigned consecutive multiples of 3. If there are 25 invoices in each of these stacks, how many assigned
numbers are common to all three stacks?
8. If the sum of all the positive divisors of an integer n is equal to 2n, then n is called a perfect number. Which of the following is a perfect number?
9. The average of a list of positive numbers is 20 per cent of the sum of the numbers. How many numbers are there in the list?
10. If k is the constant in the expression x2 – x + k and the expression has a value of 0 when 3 is substituted for x, what is the value of the expression when 2 is substituted for x?